You lose an opportunity when you spend more time creating and promoting content and less time optimizing it - make it shareable for consumers.
2. Allow users promote your content. Using counters to show share volumes is a good content optimization option. Counters on a website can see an 8-10 percent increase in sharing volumes within one month. Digital consumers always favour content with high shares.
3. Demonstrate social proof About 80-85 percent of all shares of the web come from users copying and pasting text, which is known as ‘dark social’. An easy way to tackle this is to use third-party tools like and advanced sharing platforms that can track not only how many users are sharing text from certain articles or product pages, but also which keywords they are sharing.
Another trick to catch dark social activity is to include a link-back to the original page. For example, a copy-and-paste tracking can let you know when a user tries to copy and paste any portion of the text, a read more attribution link and text is added underneath.
4. Use short-form content for mobiles Mobile users are less receptive to browsing as compared to desktop users. The truth is that most mobile searches happen at home or at the office where a desktop is present. A successful content strategy for mobile involves a short-form content for mobile.
5. Mix short articles with long ones Thought leadership in long form content is prime. Offer big content that helps you establish yourself as a thought leader and that involves looking past the motivational quotes or short content that brands have published with the help of content mills. An in-depth article will make brands stand out from the shortcut marketers. However, long content can also include video, interactive infographics and a mini website.
6. Repurpose old content and extend its life Your old content is like a treasure chest which can be utilized after tweaking it in different content formats. You can curate, update and re-purpose old content effectively. The best way to re-purpose old content is to break it down in bite-sized portions. A white paper can be converted into a blog or a short video. You can also make social posts out of them.
7. Think like a publisher Try following the mind of a journalists and publishers as they are champions of strategy, execution, distribution and storytelling. When you capture your audience’s intrigue, you can create some compelling content.
May your garden teem and throng with customers
Pigtail Pundits essences the expertise from 700+ projects in 22 years on the web. Explore digital marketing services that hypnotically draw customers to your business.
Entrust your digital marketing to experts today.
We specialise in Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Outreach, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Premium websites that convert, Content Marketing that works, and Awesome Training for your In-house Teams on digital marketing.
Come, share this article and show us some comment love.
If you found this article to be interesting, do share it with your friends. Wish to comment on it with your own observations? Go right ahead and use the comment box.
The Pigtail Pundits Network
- Web Audits for Leads
- School Marketing CMS
- Conversion Optimisation Hacks
- Websites built on ProcessWire
- Online Marketing that Yields Results
- Content Management System
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Information Architechture
- Social Media
- Web Design
- 6 Qualities That Differentiate a Great Programmer From an Average One
- 6 Reasons Why Front End Web Development Is a Great Career Choice
- 3 ways how digital marketing will boost your web-development career
- Short Copy, or Long Copy? Heads I Win, Tails You Lose.
- Tips for Restaurants to Thrive Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Masterclass on ROI-Driven Websites Receives A Huge Response