It was difficult getting trained HTML/ CSS resources to work with us. So, we did a small experiment at Pigtail Pundits.
We decided to take on folks with some basic skills in Photoshop and design tools. We then ran them through our own special training menu. No prior HTML or CSS skills were necessary.
So what was this training menu all about?
- Week 1: Learn HTML. W3Schools was the ideal starting point
- Week 2: Learn Dreamweaver. Use the inbuilt Dreamweaver tutorials
- Week 3: Build a site in Dreamweaver. Just 15 pages. But, closely supervised by one of the Pundits. Attention to detail in the HTML design was key here.
- Week 4: Learn Basic & Advanced CSS. Again, W3Schools was the starting point
- Week 5: Build the HTML site completed earlier in CSS. With some supervision from the Pundits, this too was not an issue.
- Week 6: Undergo a steady diet of the following books: CSS Mastery, The Art & Science of CSS.
- We have 3 graduates from the Pigtail Pundits Web Finishing Academy so far
- It has worked well for us
- It’s important to finish the training before you put folks on regular work for best results.
We’d love to hear how you manage training or trainees at your organization.
May your garden teem and throng with customers
Pigtail Pundits essences the expertise from 700+ projects in 22 years on the web. Explore digital marketing services that hypnotically draw customers to your business.
Entrust your digital marketing to experts today.
We specialise in Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Outreach, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Premium websites that convert, Content Marketing that works, and Awesome Training for your In-house Teams on digital marketing.
Come, share this article and show us some comment love.
If you found this article to be interesting, do share it with your friends. Wish to comment on it with your own observations? Go right ahead and use the comment box.
The Pigtail Pundits Network
- Web Audits for Leads
- School Marketing CMS
- Conversion Optimisation Hacks
- Websites built on ProcessWire
- Online Marketing that Yields Results
- Content Management System
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Information Architechture
- Social Media
- Web Design
- 6 Qualities That Differentiate a Great Programmer From an Average One
- 6 Reasons Why Front End Web Development Is a Great Career Choice
- 3 ways how digital marketing will boost your web-development career
- Short Copy, or Long Copy? Heads I Win, Tails You Lose.
- Tips for Restaurants to Thrive Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Masterclass on ROI-Driven Websites Receives A Huge Response