Is there a process in web design? Or is it just a list of things the clients want, put together by the team at the design agency, and suitably prettified in a way that they can justify it to the client? Is it guided by reason and logic? By some accepted set of standards?
Agreed that web design is still a new industry but it has grown considerably in the last 12 years. Today, it is a combination of many new disciplines.
- Graphic Design
- Usability, User Interaction, User Testing
- Information Architecture
- Persuasion Architecture
But despite all this, there is a need for client and practitioner education.
Very often web designers, tend to go overboard flaunting their artistic skills rather than approaching a site from the end-users perspective. Clients, too, get caught in this vortex.
Everyone involved forgets that the web site’s goal is to sell, persuade, get people to register, download a document, fill in an enquiry, etc. Very often they get caught in self-fulfilling objectives.
Clients suffer from another set of problems.
- Many have fixed ideas on what the creative should be before the content is in place
- Many use competitive sites as rigid benchmarks that the agency cannot deviate from
- Many get taken in by animation that does little to communicate
- Most are clueless about the process and eager to jump the steps.
- Yet, many are just interested in the price, not the process, and worse, not the results.
Which is why the subject of web design begs for a method.
One which would serve all the constituents well. And the WWW does not disappoint us in this quest for wisdom.
WebDesignFromScratch is one of the better sites out there, which gives you a lowdown on the process of web design.
A wonderful helicopter view that would warm the cockles of clients and practitioners, alike.
Check out Web Design From Scratch for more insights into this fascinating process of web design.
May your garden teem and throng with customers
Pigtail Pundits essences the expertise from 700+ projects in 22 years on the web. Explore digital marketing services that hypnotically draw customers to your business.
Entrust your digital marketing to experts today.
We specialise in Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Outreach, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Premium websites that convert, Content Marketing that works, and Awesome Training for your In-house Teams on digital marketing.
Come, share this article and show us some comment love.
If you found this article to be interesting, do share it with your friends. Wish to comment on it with your own observations? Go right ahead and use the comment box.
The Pigtail Pundits Network
- Web Audits for Leads
- School Marketing CMS
- Conversion Optimisation Hacks
- Websites built on ProcessWire
- Online Marketing that Yields Results
- Content Management System
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Information Architechture
- Social Media
- Web Design
- 6 Qualities That Differentiate a Great Programmer From an Average One
- 6 Reasons Why Front End Web Development Is a Great Career Choice
- 3 ways how digital marketing will boost your web-development career
- Short Copy, or Long Copy? Heads I Win, Tails You Lose.
- Tips for Restaurants to Thrive Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
- Masterclass on ROI-Driven Websites Receives A Huge Response