How much content can you write, or curate? Do you have the resources or the time and inclination to publish on a weekly or daily basis? Do you prefer the monthly basis?
The content plan needs to be prepared according to the time schedule. If you cannot follow the content plan according to the predetermined schedule, it is better to avoid content formats that require consistency, such as newsletters or blogs.
Let us look at some content formats that require consistency and those that require the least consistency.
100 percent consistency Blogs, Newsletter, Magazine, Podcast
Medium consistency Videos, Webinars, White papers, E-books, Online presentations, Infographics
Least consistency In person events, Games, Branded content tools, Guest posting, Research reports, Books, Apps
Some content formats in detail
1. Case studies If you want to convey to the audience as to how your products or services have helped address their problems. Case studies also attract links and additional traffic from other reputed websites.
2. Podcasts Instead of digitally downloading an e-book, you can also create a podcast, the only thing is you have to record it and offer as a digital download. A weekly or monthly podcast works well.
3. E-books Make sure you have something that adds value in your e-book. No one would like to read an 80-page e-book with nothing substantial to read. An e-book is shared on recommendations if the reader feels that it is informative, unlike blog posts or infographics.
4. Videos It is always better to add an element of non-serious in your communication at times, and videos are a good way to do so. Your Facebook news feed will always have a video within a few posts.
5. Infographics An infographic is a fabulous medium to share facts and statistics in the most interesting and visually alluring way. They receive a lot of attention on social media. An infographic can also be used as a bait to attract links. You can get in touch with the appropriate and popular online publications within your industry and send a teaser in terms of a teaser and offer to write an introductory paragraph if they are keen to publish it on their website.
Content marketing topics Just using the appropriate format is not enough, deciding the topics is important too. Keep writing and constantly evaluating the topics and content formats, till you get to know what works perfectly well for you. use analytics to inform you on this.
It is a good idea to break content into key topic areas so that you can keep an eye on which topic seems to be most popular with the audience.
Do share with us the content formats that you use for promotions and what your experience with content has been?
May your garden teem and throng with customers
Pigtail Pundits essences the expertise from 700+ projects in 22 years on the web. Explore digital marketing services that hypnotically draw customers to your business.
Entrust your digital marketing to experts today.
We specialise in Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Outreach, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Premium websites that convert, Content Marketing that works, and Awesome Training for your In-house Teams on digital marketing.
Come, share this article and show us some comment love.
If you found this article to be interesting, do share it with your friends. Wish to comment on it with your own observations? Go right ahead and use the comment box.
The Pigtail Pundits Network
- Web Audits for Leads
- School Marketing CMS
- Conversion Optimisation Hacks
- Websites built on ProcessWire
- Online Marketing that Yields Results
- Content Management System
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Information Architechture
- Social Media
- Web Design
- 10 Elements You Ought to Split Test on Your Website
- 6 Ways Social Media and SEO Work Together
- 6 proven ways to increase your website’s conversion rate
- 5 SEO Tactics I wouldn’t use in 2019 for very good reasons.
- What is conversion optimization and why is it so important?
- How to hire a StoryBrand Copywriter to Sell on your Website and Landing Page.