We were working on a blog site for a client, who over the course of a few years has also become a friend and well-wisher of our company.
I remember, when the senior partner at Pigtail Pundits, briefed me about it, I wasn’t the least bit amused.
”Why in the world does he need a blog?” I protested, “can’t he do the same thing with a website?”
‘Well, look at this way. You and I, we’ve known each other for about 8 years now. There’s so much of depth in you. I have discovered that and lodged that in my memory. Think of it as pages and pages of rich incidents about you. Now on a static page of a website, we can only say so much about you.
”The client believes in bonds and relationships”, the senior partner explained, “and a blog is a better way to maintain those ties, with those whom you know as well as those whom you don’t.”
”Then why not have a forum,” I retorted.
Well, a forum is a good idea too. But it’s better for supporting communities of folks writing, asking, discussing issues. A blog is more an individual thing, limited to small circles of influence at best.
- A blog allows you to have a one-on-one online conversation. It reveals different facets of your personality and your insights on different topics.
- A blog is a two-way enrichment process: You offer as well as you receive. Insights, comments, ideas, different perspectives
- A blog gets you noticed: you wanna go up the corporate ladder; you wish to get hired; you want your customers to find you; you wished to be quoted and linked to other blogs
- At a corporate level, you can blog for PR. For keeping in touch with customers, and listening into conversations about your brand
- A blog satisfies your primordial craving for writing on subjects that interest you. It makes you look knowledgeable and let the world know it
- A blog can be monetized, using a whole bunch of tools available on the web
- A blog opens a window between the world and you. And it’s easily the cheapest window to open.
“Point noted,” I replied without a fuss and went on to work on the blog.
What’s been your experience with blogging? Let us know.
May your garden teem and throng with customers
Pigtail Pundits essences the expertise from 700+ projects in 22 years on the web. Explore digital marketing services that hypnotically draw customers to your business.
Entrust your digital marketing to experts today.
We specialise in Pay-per-click advertising, Social Media Outreach, Search Engine Optimisation, Conversion Rate Optimisation, Premium websites that convert, Content Marketing that works, and Awesome Training for your In-house Teams on digital marketing.
Come, share this article and show us some comment love.
If you found this article to be interesting, do share it with your friends. Wish to comment on it with your own observations? Go right ahead and use the comment box.
The Pigtail Pundits Network
- Web Audits for Leads
- School Marketing CMS
- Conversion Optimisation Hacks
- Websites built on ProcessWire
- Online Marketing that Yields Results
- Content Management System
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Optimization
- Information Architechture
- Social Media
- Web Design
- Goodbye to boring content: Use these 6 tips to get fresh content marketing ideas.
- Competitor Research Tips to stay ahead of the cut-throat Competition
- Learn to Write Winning Blogs, Social Media Content and Website Copy that Converts. In just 90 days.
- 10 Elements You Ought to Split Test on Your Website
- 6 Ways Social Media and SEO Work Together
- 6 proven ways to increase your website’s conversion rate